Monday, July 11, 2016

Tracking Techniques

After playing the game for about 2-3 days straight; learning how to encounter Pokemon in your nearby box from, not only experience but also from bypassers. Now let's start with the basics. When a Pokemon is near it will show up in the box on your bottom right corner of the game. It will only show 3 Pokemon at once unless you tap the box then there will be a total of 9 Pokemon. Starting out there will be several silhouettes of Pokemon you have not yet countered, once you do and if you catch it, the silhouette will then fill with colors of the Pokemon.

Tracking a Rare find. With the game still being fairly new, there are still several tips to learn! Did you know that if there is a specific Pokemon that pops up near you that you wish to find over the others; you can easily go into the full nearby tab and click the icon of the Pokemon you want. Not only is it easier to track how far it is from you, but it is also easier to see if you are heading in the right direction... you can see the direction??? Well kinda sorta, if you are getting closer to the Pokemon you are tracking then there will be a small outline flash from the nearby box. I tried to screenshot that, but it's simple to fast to capture. To untrack a Pokemon, just tap it's icon once again. 

Now if you happen to be lucky like me and live a good distance from a town, then this may be very helpful. Instead of walking away from the town, try walking towards it. Pokemon spawn much more in town and walking the short distance I need to get to town; I've noticed Pokemon stop spawning the further away I get. Another theory that I won't be able to crack myself, but I believe that it has something to do with Pokestops and gyms. Everytime I'm near either I see more Pokemon. Is it possible that the game is programmed to have Pokemon be more commonly found near the 2 stops in the game?

Please, however, if you track Pokemon this way, pay attention! It is much easier to lose sight and concentration of your surroundings. Trust me, the game is more enjoyable knowing that the wielder of the device is safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment