Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Christmas Event With Johto Pokemon?


Come Join My Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/OpachiiO/

As many already know, yet another event is getting ready to hit in a few weeks. It's undetermined how long this event will last, or if it will last up until New Years. There are several theories about what's to come, and here is my predicament, basing these opinions off recent game updates, and the trailer of Pokemon Go. 

First, we will go ahead and start off with Mewtwo. He was seen in the trailer before Pokemon Go was even released, the event lead people to fight him. It is uncertain if you will be able to fight him more than one, assuming that defeating him is how you catch him. With Ditto being released for Thanksgiving; the developers thanking its supporters, Other Pokemon will be released during events. Niantic has mentioned a while ago, the legendaries will be event Pokemon. Mewtwo seems to me like a good finish and an excellent start to the new year.


While we are talking about legendaries, let's go ahead and get the birds out of the way too. Theories have mentioned you may need to collect feathers to get these famous birds, but I'm not here to say how to get them without there being a whole lot over that topic. I'm here to say they will more than likely be a part of the Christmas event, just before Mewtwo's release. I don't see a reason behind them holding on to these event Pokemon after the new year starts. There aren't many reasons for events until a few months after 2017. 

Pokemon we can look forward to seeing more are ice type Pokemon, along with a slightly increased spawn for water types and any Pokemon Niantic seems fit for the holiday. The ice Pokemon in generation 1 are. Cloyster, Dewgong, Lapras, and Jynx. The only water types really worth mentioning, in my opinion as I still need them, would be Magikarps and, though it's not water it is a water spawn Dratini.

There is a largely known rumor that generation 2 will be coming out here in a few days. If this leads to be true, then we can expect the event bonuses to apply to those Pokemon as well. When I covered the Johto Pokemon I explained why I believe this rumor to likely be more true than it is false, I've just played a handful of games and know a bit of how developers work. Now onto the other theorized bonuses.  
I don't know who didn't like the buddy reduced walking distance. Niantic liked the outcome (financial reasons) of their Halloween event, they decided to expand on it, mostly because Christmas, and if I am correct there are other major holidays around that same time for different religions and cultures, are largely celebrated so we can expect a larger event on larger holidays. One of the reasons the Thanksgiving event wasn't too spectacular. Anyways, Niantic may even use the same reduced 
distance on eggs as well! 


I'm sure most already have been, but SAVE any and all Pokemon you catch. If you don't have enough room then get rid of Pokemon you already have evolved forms for and reserve space for those you still need. If you already have the Pokedex complete... good for you, you can collect candies for the Pokemon you use to battle a lot. The reason behind this is because more than likely transferring Pokemon will also give 2 candies instead of 1.


My posts will probably be a bit scattered and can sometimes be really descriptive while others, not so much. This is because I am currently working on typing out my second book "The Guiding Stars" it's not the best, but I'm trying harder on this book and taking my time with it. I have also hit my downfall for major/manic depression, which unfortunately affects my writing. 

These are the bonuses we can possibly see during the event though
  • Legendary Pokemon release: Mewtwo, Moltras, Zapdos, and Articuno
  • Reduced distance to walk buddy and eggs
  • Double candy for catching, hatching, and transferring
  • Double experience
  • Double stardust
  • Increased Items from stops

No comments:

Post a Comment