Tuesday, November 29, 2016

There is a Missing Team in Pokemon Go?

Come Join My Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/OpachiiO/

Returning to the joys of my childhood TV series, Pokemon Indigo League, I came across a few stunning scenes. Though this is all fan based, it is still fun to believe that the Pokemon world is deeper than what as kids, once thought. I highly recommend, no matter your age, you watch the anime series.

Here is what I have found thus far...

It's just Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur, right? Look closely, not too closely, though or you can clearly see that I just used my phone to take this picture; I don't own any of these Pictures. If you can see that then you are looking to hard! I want you young and old trainers to look at the symbols setting behind the Pokemon.

Squirtle's symbol is red, Charmander's Blue, and Bulbasaur's Yellow. Meaning, in the Pokemon Go community, Squirtle belongs to Valor, Charmander belongs to Mystic, and Bulbasaur belongs to instinct. I can safely say, I am a true instinct. 

Where does that put Pikachu then? Ash starts with him, does that mean Ash isn't a part of a team? Or, just hear me out now, Ash could secretly be a part of team rocket? No, no, no, that wouldn't make sense because team rocket is always after Pikachu. But does that mean Team rocket isn't the missing team? Well, I'm not sure yet. Things got a little hairy as I progressed through the second episode.


This is an ancient hieroglyphic found while archeologist discovered King Tuts pyramid; not really, that would be interesting, though. The hieroglyphic above shows Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, and Arcanine. Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos; also known as the legendary birds are Pokemon goes team symbols. 

Moltres is team Valor, Articuno is Mystic, and Zapdos is Instinct. Where's Arcanine and its team? First of all the color would be green as seen in the picture above, but Zapdos is green and Arcanine is Yellow. Is it Possible Instinct took out this "green" team? 

Let's try and see if we can come up with a name for this so-called 4th team. A friend and I pondered over it for a brief moment and decided on Team Legend. There is a reason I agreed with him, that I didn't mention to him. We will go over the definitions of the team names really quick, shall we. 


Valor: great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle

Mystic: a person who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to obtain unity with or absorption into the deity or the absolute, or who believes in the spiritual apprehension of truths that are beyond the intellect.

Instinct: an innate, typically fixed pattern of behavior in animals in response to certain stimuli

Legend: a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated

Something tells me "legend" isn't the most accurate guess, but it works. Arcanine's Pokedex entry is "a Legendary Pokémon, Arcanine is known for its bravery and fierce loyalty." That is why I sided with my friend on "Legend" being the missing team. 

What happened to team "Legend"? Could team Legend be team Rocket, or did Instinct win the theorized Pokewar? 

Subscribe to The Game Theoriests if you liked the youtube video. 

2 comments:

  1. Arcanine was the original 3rd legendary. Not Moltres. They scrapped it last second to have ArticUNO ZapDOS and MolTRES. 1, 2, and 3. Without having time to rewrite Arcanines Dex Data leaving it Refered to As " Legendary " but in the loosest sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but the bird trio's actual names were freezer, thunder, and fire 2 years before the english versions were released

      Delete