Monday, November 21, 2016

Ideas for Niantic to Include from the Game and Anime

     These are all ideas so don't take any of them to heart. Some of these ideas I'm not certain on myself, but overall it would be interesting to see a bit more features in the game, even if some include being less active; not everyone has the time to constantly be on their account.

      If you are like me, I just want to complete the Pokedex but as many know especially for rural players like myself, it's actually quite difficult to catch each species. I have put a good sum of time into this game and still only have a Pokedex of 116, this of course with the help of the Halloween Event.

     The reasoning for most of these ideas is to help rural players and those who don't have a whole lot of time to play the game. Apps aren't meant to be played 24/7 so it should be treated as an app rather than console or PC game. I can't speak for everyone but I can only assume that the biggest reason Niantic lost a lot of their active players is due to the fact the progress wasn't worth the time. These ideas slowly help the progress.
Safari Zone:

     The Safari Zone would be an excellent feature in the game. The reason being, it could allow us to catch regional specific Pokemon; Only a chance of course. Thinking more about this feature, how could Niantic introduce something like this? Where could the place these "safari zones"?

     Well, it's actually a simple answer and maybe, just maybe Niantic already has plans for safari zones in later patches. I'm not sure about you, but when I visit parks or I'm around a darker green patch of pixels in the game, I was told Pokemon spawns are increased which they really aren't. In fact, these differently colored patches seem to serve no other purpose in the game, other than to indicate some kind of Park.

     It is possible since there is already coding in the game to separate parks from the rest of the residential areas, that an increased spawn rate could be introduced for rarer Pokemon and even additional coding for the regional Pokemon could be added to these areas.

Rare candy, unlock at level 30

     First of all, let's cover what my idea for rare candies are. In the game, rare candies are known to grant any Pokemon of your choice a level given the fact it isn't already at level 100. I thought to myself, how could such a nostalgic item be introduced without being game breaking? Well, It all comes down to the fact it's a candy. How about rare candies grant any Pokemon of your choosing an extra candy?

     This wouldn't be game breaking because people would need to expand their inventory spaces. You would have a chance of getting these candies from Pokestops after reaching the tedious experience level 30. I don't know about you, but I'm setting on a full inventory of 900 items because I have nothing to catch. Meaning, not only do I have no use for Pokestops anymore but also no need for more inventory.

     The reason rare candies should be introduced later on in the game rather than sooner is simply because active players need some love too. I've played my fair share of games where experience is gained to determine your character's level, not many that leveling is completely useless. I mean yeah you unlock a few items here and there, but is it really worth it? I don't battle so revives and potions are useless, and I have a higher catch rate with regular Pokeballs over great and ultra, so I'm not benefiting any from my levels and I know I'm not alone.

     Seeing that I am now almost level 26 and nothing useful has come out of that journey. It would be nice to finally be rewarded for our levels. I'm sure I will get a lot of flack about how greater balls and ultra balls are better than regular, but they aren't. Pokemon actually have a higher flee rate when using stronger Pokeballs.

Pokemon abilities
 
     This is a feature from the games. Pokemon abilities mostly serve a purpose for battling, those some are beneficial outside the arena like the pickup ability and the flame body. These abilities would become in use depending on your buddy choice. It would make it more worthwhile to choose a buddy wisely. You can still change them but I wouldn't want to change back and forth between several Pokemon daily.

Here are the abilities and uses:

     Pickup - your buddy has a chance to pick up items while traveling (can be used in the manner of so many km walked)

     Flame body - Reduces the amount needed to travel in order to hatch an egg

     Sweet sense - your buddy Pokemon slightly increases spawn of wild Pokemon (very small, but still somewhat noticeable)

     Arena Trap - Recuses the flee rate of Pokemon (Completely taking the flee rate out would be a bit game breaking)

     Pick Pocket - your buddy picks up items off encountered wilded Pokemon if they have any to offer

Day Cares

     This one would be a bit harder to implement, and I'm not sure what Niantic would use for Daycare Centers? Maybe they can use Walmart or and kind of grocery store? The only catch is you can only have up to 2 Pokemon in a daycare and include Breeding. If your Pokemon have an egg than an icon can show up above your character's portrait.

     The day care could use stardust as means of currency. A hard 100 stardust rather your Pokemon gains a candy or not, and 50 stardust after every candy. Candy can be gained by the amount of time you spend offline meaning if you are in the game, you won't get candies from daycare Pokemon. Making it so Pokemon in the Daycare only giving candies for distances traveled defeats the purpose of it being a Daycare and having buddy Pokemon.

     Every 10 hours or so offline would grant you a candy and a chance of logging in to find a "2k" egg. You can only hold one egg from the daycare to prevent people from "farming" for specific Pokemon. These eggs could be designed to give much less candy for hatching and won't give the players experience for hatching.

Item Finder More details in the link 

Fossils + Fossil Tab
     I don't know about you but getting the fossils in Gen1 is probably my favorite and most memorable part of the Kanto region. Now there aren't many Pokemon the fall into this category, but what about the Unknown? It would be cool to add the 28 Unknown Pokemon using the fossil system, It would bring more joy trying to guess what "fossil" you received over hatching 1 one the 3 fossil Pokemon from 10km eggs now. When and if Niantic gets to Gen3 they could introduce the regi's as fossils and any other ancient Pokemon I may be forgetting.


1 comment:

  1. I like the ideas a lot especially the rare candy and ability ideas.

    ReplyDelete