Friday, July 29, 2016

How to Quickly get Candies for Rare Pokemon

Pokemon Go Nests have been sought out by many users once they were discovered and there are even maps for some locations that have the nests pinned. While I was in Newport, I was lucky enough to experience not 1 but 3 nests! They were close to each other, though I wasn't close enough to the Dratini nest so that still remains a shadow in my Pokedex.
A Pokemon nest is basically where there is an unlimited amount of one type of Pokemon, A breeding ground if you want to get technical. How do you know if you have come across a nest? Well, typically there will be several of a Pokemon showing up on your nearby. It is better it just accidently find a nest because they are so sparse, it would take a redundant amount of time to find a nest by strictly searching for one. 

 Other Pokemon can and will still spawn in nests, but for the most part, nests can be treated like they are unwanted Pidgeys and Weedles, that's how fast the Pokemon spawn. Though if you are after Pokemon just for the Pokedex entry, then I can attest you won't be there long. I got 50 Doduo candies in about a half hour, catching other uncommon's and rares in between.

I don't know the actual locations, but doduo was at the aquarium and Dratini was on one of the bridges close to it. Walking from Newport to Cincinnati on the foot bridge, the nest was to the left near the other bridge I believe you get to the aquarium on. If anyone has exact locations feel free to let me know so I can add them for others.


Changes:
As of today, 7-29-2016 nests have been changed. The Pokemon that used to inhabit a nest now have switched. To check out more information here is a list of Pokemon Nest Switches. Dratini nests now, sadly spawn eevees. I feel like that was a bit of a slap to every Pokemon Go player. Make a well liked/ strong Pokemon into well liked/ common Pokemon everyone has 100s of. Doduos nests however, now spawn Ponytas. Which where I'm from seems to be a fair trade (I have yet to see either in my area). Zubats... no one cares about them obviously, either I didn't find an actual nest because there aren't any Zubat nests, or Niantic has the same appeal to them as the average player does.




No comments:

Post a Comment